POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a glass... : Re: File size (was "a glass...") Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:03:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: File size (was "a glass...")
From: Ross
Date: 17 Apr 2005 20:14:58
Message: <4262fc01@news.povray.org>
Oskar Bertrand wrote:

> Zeger Knaepen wrote:
>
>> No, you should see what compressionlevel works best, that's my whole
>> point...
>
> My point is that as computer/internet technology progresses, your point
> becomes increasingly irrelevant.
>

> Oskar

Apply that logic to other areas and it just becomes silly. "Hey we can clear
3 rainforests of trees in one week, when 10 years ago it took us a year!
Wow, thankyou technology."

Just because you have the resources, doesn't mean you should waste them. in
most cases here, 600k is wasted when a posted image is 700k.

Like Zeger said, if the image is really interesting, people as for the
source, or people either ask for a larger version (most of the time the
creator hosts it off site it seems.)

Resources, no matter what kind, are not infinite.